STANDARD INFORMATION FORM FOR PACKAGE TOURS AND LINKED TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS
The different types of travel services on offer are a package as defined in the consolidated text of the General Act for the Defence of Consumers and Users and other complementary laws, approved by Royal Legislative Decree 1/2007, of 16 November, in order to transpose Directive (EU) 2015/2302.
Consequently, you will be entitled to all the rights applied in the EU as regards package travel arrangements. TOURMALET 2015 SLU will be fully responsible for the proper performance of the package as a whole.
Furthermore, as required by law, the company TOURMALET 2015 SLU is covered by a money-back guarantee of all payments made and if transport is included in the tour, it guarantees repatriation in the event of insolvency.
You will find further information about your main rights within the framework of the consolidated text of the General Act for the Defence of Consumers and Users and other complementary laws, approved by Royal Legislative Decree 1/2007 https://www.boe.es/eli/es/rdlg/2007/11/16/1/con.
The main rights of the consolidated text of the General Act for the Defence of Consumers and Users and other complementary laws, approved by Royal Legislative Decree 1/2007, of 16 November and Directive (EU) 2015/2302 are the following:
- Travellers will receive all essential information about the package before concluding the package travel contract.
- There is always at least one trader who is liable for the proper performance of all the travel services included in the contract.
- Travellers are given an emergency telephone number or details of a contact point where they can get in touch with the organiser or the travel agent.
- Travellers may transfer the package to another person, on reasonable notice and possibly subject to additional costs.
- The price of the package trip may only be increased if specific costs rise (for instance, fuel prices) and if expressly provided for in the contract, and in any event no later than 20 days before the start of the package. If the price increase exceeds 8% of the price of the package, the traveller may terminate the contract. If the organiser reserves the right to a price increase, the traveller is entitled to a price reduction if there is a decrease in the relevant costs.
- Travellers may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee and receive a full refund of any payments if any of the essential elements of the package, other than the price, are changed significantly. If before the start of the package the trader responsible for the package cancels the package, travellers are entitled to a refund and compensation where appropriate.
- Travellers may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee before the start of the package in the event of exceptional circumstances, for instance if there are serious security problems at the destination which are likely to affect the package.
- Additionally, travellers may at any time before the start of the package terminate the contract in return for an appropriate and justifiable termination fee.
- If, after the start of the package, significant elements of the package cannot be provided as agreed, suitable alternative arrangements shall be offered to the traveller at no extra cost. Travellers may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee, where services are not performed in accordance with the contract and this substantially affects the performance of the package and the organiser fails to remedy the problem.
- Travellers are also entitled to a price reduction and/or compensation for damages where the travel services are not performed or are improperly performed.
- The organiser or, where applicable, the retailer has to provide assistance if the traveller is in difficulty.
- If the organiser or, in some Member States, the retailer becomes insolvent, all payments will be refunded. In the event the organiser or, where applicable, the retailer becomes insolvent after the start of the package and if transport is included in the package, repatriation of the travellers is secured. TOURMALET 2015 SLU has taken out insolvency protection with SEGUROS CATALANA OCCIDENTE, S.A., holder of the tax identification number (NIF) A-28119220, with the registered address at Paseo de la Castellana 4, Madrid (28046), policy number Nº 8-6.714.675-Z. Travellers may contact this entity or, where applicable, the competent authority if services are denied due to TOURMALET 2015 SLU’s insolvency.